CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Saturday

Shingles are itchy! I mean drive you crazy itchy. I woke up in the night and made some ice packs to at least let me sleep. Maggie was again my “Florence Nightingale” and rubbed Sensitive Sarna anti-itch lotion on my back. That’s good stuff – really eliminates the itch. I was able to do some work in the office at Lakeview Cottages. I then worked and putting the name decals on the new kayaks: the Cindy Lou and the Maggie Mae. I had a productive day and again was encouraged that I had energy by the end of the “off chemo” week. I’ve been managing the car rides up and down the mountains by sleeping through them.

2 comments:

Janice Porter said...

I like your boat names! Janice

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

We are praying for you. When I was reading your blog the Bible versus in 2 Corinthians 5:7 came to my mind. "We walk by faith, not by sight." Poet Patrick Overton said, " When you come to the edge of all the light you have and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on, or you'll be taught to fly." Remember, "we walk by faith, not by sight." And just when you think you've learned how to do that, you"ll face a situation that requires you to learn it all over again! God is with you all the time.