CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beautiful Memorial Day Weekend!

The last few years at Huntington Lake (7,000 ft elev.) we’ve had snow, sleet and rain. Some work gets done, but mostly we hunker down in our cabins. This year, however, was beautiful! I mean everyone else sure missed out! The workers (not me) got so much done and the resort looks great! Our group had over 20 trout for Saturday dinner! Even the kids were catching their limits!
It was a good time for me because my job was to rest. I’d visit with friends, then I’d snooze for a few hours under my down blanket. It was great to see friends and be bouyed by their love and concern. I ventured forth a bit on Sunday and Monday. I walked the length of the campus and checked out the water front. Mostly, I ate and slept. A good time was had by all!

2 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

You did a great job holding court mama!

Janice Porter said...

Sounds like you had a weekend! I prayed for that ! Continued prayers-Janice