CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fun Friday 1-15-10

What a great day! I spent the full school day at my new assignment, Kastner Intermediate School. We started at a staff meeting where I saw many friends. I was introduced by the principal to all the teachers. During the course of the day, I was able to observe each of my classes with their American History teacher and in their English class. I will be teaching the English/Language Arts curriculum. The students know their current teacher is retiring and that I will be starting at the semester break. I’ve spent several days on campus, so the students are becoming familiar with me being around. This time before I start is so cool because I can visit the other teachers’ classroom and observe their teaching and management styles. Once I start full-time in my own classroom, I won’t have that opportunity.

The eighth grade teachers I work with are a great team. They have been very welcoming. We all went to Rubio’s for lunch. One of the teachers has a cabin at Huntington Lake, just across from our “resort,” Lakeview Cottages! She asked if I had seen the article in the LA Times, I said yes that’s us! I felt famous!
Link Here

In between visiting the classrooms I was able to meet with my Learning Director (my direct boss), photo copy some information, work in the cluster office, get Friday Spirit shirts, and become familiar with the campus. Everyone has been very kind and helpful.

At the end of the school day I waited in the office for Jessica to pick me up. I’m carpooling with Jessica because she is substitute teaching and is on the same schedule as me. While in the office, the principal loaned me the books for our discipline policy, and I got to visit with the office workers. I am so excited to be at Kastner. I had plenty of energy, and even though I have some mobility issues, I know I’m ready for the job. I believe that God dropped a huge blessing in my lap, and I couldn’t be happier!

6 comments:

Sally said...

sue!
i am so happy to hear that you're back at work and doing well with it! I have to agree Dr. Wolf is really great! We are lucky to have him as our doctors! I excited to see you and George this weekend!

JUAN RUIZ said...

I am very glad you are coming to kastner I will be glad to see you on campus.I am very glad that you are also feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are getting some very deserved breaks in life with the job, the people around, etc. It was very uplifting to read how well things are working out for you after all you have been through! Keep up the good work!

Neola said...

Praying for you as you begin yet another adventure!!

runningcoach said...

Sue-
Best of luck with the new kids! We're all pulling for you!
Cousin Rod

Brenda B. said...

Wow Mrs. Harper! I am so glad to read about you and your new blessings. I am sure you will love Kastner, the two year I was there were great. We'll keep the prayers so that the blessings continue coming for you and your family.
Love always, Brenda